PTDC Training Fair (A Virtual Event)
September 21-25, 2020
ATA’s Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) is pleased to announce the launch of the first National Technician Appreciation Week, scheduled for September 21-25. National Technician Appreciation Week will take place the week following TMC’s 2020 Fall Meeting — a virtual event — as well as National Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
While the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has forced the cancellation of the National Technician Skills Competitions (TMCSuperTech) and National Student Technician Competition (TMCFutureTech) for 2020, TMC is excited to begin this new endeavor aimed at celebrating those without whom the trucking industry could not carry out its vital mission of hauling the nation’s freight.
TMC will celebrate the first-ever National Technician Appreciation Week by offering technicians a series of technically focused webinars in our online Professional Technician Development Committee (PTDC) Technician Training Fair. Five training sessions are planned; one for each day of the week. The topics that will be covered in our online PTDC Training Fair are (all sessions run 1 - 2 pm eastern):
- (Sept. 21) Aftertreatment Diagnostics & Maintenance – This session will cover diagnostic and maintenance procedures for today’s commercial vehicle aftertreatment systems. We’ll cover diesel particulate filtration as well as diesel exhaust fluid and related systems.
- (Sept. 22) Electrical System Diagnostics — This session will cover diagnostic and maintenance practices for today’s commercial vehicle electrical systems. We’ll cover starting, charging, lighting and other electrical-related systems.
- (Sept. 23) Vehicle Data Network Diagnostics — This session will present diagnostic approaches for dealing with today’s onboard vehicle electronic and data network systems used on commercial vehicles.
- (Sept. 24) Collision Mitigation Systems — This session will provide an overview of commercial vehicle collision mitigation systems, their operation, maintenance and diagnostic procedures.
- (Sept. 25) How to Prepare for ASE Certification Testing — This session will provide guidelines on how to prepare for ASE master technician certification testing, presented by ASE-experts.
Registration for these sessions is free.
To register or listen to the webinar recordings, go to https://ata.webex.com/ata/onstage/g.php?PRID=460126eb23c090fbe13614ad92067f04
NATIONAL TECHNICIAN APPRECIATION WEEK
During this week, TMC also plans to recognize outstanding technicians in a number of ways:
- First, we have asked industry stakeholders to nominate their “Technician Superstar,” a person who exemplifies excellence as a commercial vehicle technician. Winners will be selected for three categories: heavy-duty, trailer, and light/medium duty. Click here to nominate a candidate.
- Second, we will recognize the technician with the highest score on the ASE Preventive Maintenance Master Technician Certification Test for 2020 (cutoff: August 15, 2020).
- Third, we will recognize this year’s diesel tech winner of the TechForce Foundation’s “FutureTechs Rock Awards,” honored for outstanding contributions as a role model at school and in the community.
TMC encourages companies to recognize their own outstanding technicians, as well as thanking the nation’s technicians through social media and special advertising/sponsorship opportunities during the week of Sept. 21-25. Join us in celebrating the professionals who keep our nation rolling!
NATIONAL TECHNICIAN APPRECIATION WEEK SPONSORS