Anne Arundel Community College is seeking an instructor for their Diesel program. The schedule is Feb.7- June 14 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-10pm. Monday night is online (independent study). Tuesday and Thursday is face to face at the Center of Applied Technology North on Stevenson Road in Severn, MD.
- 5 Plus years of heavy-duty truck experience.
- ASE Diesel certified with 2 years of experience.
- Teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate standard shop safety and operations procedures.
- Explain the fundamental purpose and procedures of a diesel vehicle maintenance program.
- Identify the components of heavy-duty truck diesel engines, suspension and steering, braking, electrical/electronic system, HVAC, and drive train systems.
- Describe common failures, computer-based diagnostics, and repair procedures including engine, chassis, HVAC, and drive train systems in heavy trucks.
- Demonstrate inspection, maintenance, and repair procedures in diesel engine, steering and suspension, electrical, braking, and HVAC systems.
- Practice for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Entry-Level Medium and Heavy Duty Truck certification tests.
Qualified candidates can send a résumé to email@example.com with “Diesel Instructor- AACC” in the subject line.