Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Regional Sales Manager for ConMet's Southwest region is responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key Purchasing, Sales, Service and Ownership personnel at all Aftermarket Customers, Distributors, Dealers and Fleets. The primary goal of the position is to grow ConMet's sales and profitability to meet target growth levels. This role is responsible for the development and successful execution of our regional distribution and sales growth strategy. This includes the baseline of current sales penetration and customer base, as well as defining the opportunities to grow ConMet sales in their Region in accordance with our select distribution philosophy. An additional area of responsibility includes providing feedback to the ConMet organization regarding our competitive position in price, product features and benefits, and customer support elements. This is a home-based individual contributor sales role and has no direct reports. To learn more about ConMet's Aftermarket product line, click here.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and foster relationships at all levels of the customer organization as well as all levels and disciplines of ConMet
• Responsible for achieving annual revenue and earnings objectives for ConMet Aftermarket & Trailer Sales
• Responsible for identifying new customer and distribution opportunities and to sell the ConMet value proposition in a highly competitive market
• Frequent travel in the designated region and across North America will be required to achieve the regional sales objectives and support industry events
• Maintain contact with ConMet customer service, engineering, field service, and plant locations and become the primary liaison between ConMet and its customers
• Develop and maintain direct relationships with key customers, industry participants and influencing organizations to maximize the value of the ConMet brand
• Assist the Director of Field Sales with forecasting to ensure proper new product launch, achieve on time delivery and inventory levels in support of the sales plant
• Secure and communicate competitive information on a regular basis
• Five or more years of sales experience into the commercial vehicle market (ie, Class 8 trucking) required
• Position requires a degree of technical aptitude, including working knowledge of commercial vehicle market
• Must be self-motivated, with strong planning skills and a proven ability to define and execute a sales growth plan
• Competency with computers, including Microsoft Office
• Must demonstrate required integrity, ethics, and fair play
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
• Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
• 5% Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
• Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
• College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
• Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513