Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to earn industry certifications and enter postsecondary education and or the workforce.
- Trade & Industrial Education with Diesel/Medium-Heavy Truck work approval OR
- Acceptance into an Alternative Certification Program for Trade & Industry certification with
- Diesel-Medium/Heavy Truck Approval (see work experience requirements below)
- Current Diesel-Medium/Heavy Truck licensure by a state or nationally accrediting agency (ASE)
- Associate of Applied Science in Diesel, Medium/Heavy Truck, or related Technology preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Diesel Engine and Medium/Heavy Truck Technology
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 2 years full-time wage-earning experience within the last 10 years in an approved
- Heavy Diesel or Medium/Heavy Truck Technician occupation with an associate degree
- 5 years full-time wage-earning experience within the last 10 years in an approved
- Heavy Diesel or Medium/Heavy Truck Technician occupation with high school diploma
- Eligible military experience may be used in lieu of civilian experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations and guidelines established by post-secondary partners.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results for instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Cooperate with other academic and Program of Study members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements, including the effective integration of academics and appropriate preparation for industry certification.
- Collaborate with related business and industry to provide applicable work-based learning activities for students.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for student interns at local facilities.
- Use technologies in the teaching/learning process.
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for Career & Technical Student Organizations activities associated with the courses taught and sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
- Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and IEP.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members and post-secondary partners.
- Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly
- Participate in the district staff development program, including related-job shadowing and attending industry-related skill-development training.
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s) if appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; maintain emotional control under stress
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Exposure to childhood communicable diseases; good general health and stamina needed