FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sean McNally
March 9, 2022
Industry Leaders Recognized by TMC During Annual Meeting
Technicians and Executives Honored by Premier Trucking Organization
Atlanta – Today, American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council honored several industry professionals with a variety of awards for their important service to the council and the industry.
“TMC strives to advance the professional standards for commercial vehicle maintenance in our industry and has done so for more than 65 years,” said Robert Braswell, TMC executive director. “We have leaders across our organization, but the technicians and executives we honor here set and raise the bar for excellence in this industry every day.”
Andrew Krum, Virginia Tech Technical Institute; Brandon Uzarek, Accuride Corp., Chuck Bartley, Alcoa Wheels; and Doug Will, Infinity Air Products were honored as Recognized Associates.
In addition, TMC bestowed a number of individual awards to members:
- Excellence in Maintenance Supervision Award: James Wegner, III, U.S. Xpress, Inc.
- Study Group Secretary Award:Grant DeGeorge, Alcoa Wheels
In addition, the Council announced the graduation of its third and fourth group of candidates from the TMC of Tomorrow Leadership Development Program. The program is dedicated to developing future leaders of TMC and the transportation industry.
The Class of 2021 graduates includes:
- Randy Griffith, Emission & Cooling Solutions
- Kyle Mitchell, Maverick Transportation (Valedictorian)
- Travis Studstill, Volvo Trucks
- Christian Gustafsson, Volvo Trucks
- Bobby Knight, Morey
- Justin Gerrity, Gerrity Heavy Duty Sales
- Brett Wilkie, GP Transco
- Tom Fisher, Hendrickson
- Ashley Schimmel, Transtex LLC
- Kirt Weaver, Hadley
- Mark Appleman, RevHD, LLC
- Leonard J Wheatley, Fleet Pro
- Travis Wynes, CTP, Fleet Advantage
- Evan Erdmann, Vehicare Fleet Solutions
The Class of 2022 graduates includes:
- Christopher M. Gates, Truck-Lite
- Mason Queen, Gray Manufacturing
- Caitlin Gottier, ExxonMobil Fuels & Lubricants Company
- Jacob Hanson, Fedex Ground
- Radu Pop, Stertil-Koni USA Inc.
- Tyler Black, Dogget
- Brett Delp, Dorman Products Inc.
- Matthew Farcosky, Fleet Pro
- Tony Thompson, Hub Group
- Michael Nowoslawski, Alcoa Wheels/Howmet
- Megan Junker, Paccar Parts
- Ian Fox, Wabash National
- Jamil Young, Fontaine Modification
- Arica Jackson, UPS (Valedictorian)
- Jeremy Haskin, Truck Worx
- Ana Salcido, Navistar Inc.
- Sarah Arens, Altec Industries
By providing leadership support and opportunities to collaborate, TMC helps members develop the industry’s best practices that address the critical truck technology and maintenance issues that have the greatest impact on truck fleets. For more than 60 years, TMC’s member-driven Recommended Maintenance and Engineering Practices have been setting the standards that help trucking companies specify and maintain their fleets more effectively. Follow TMC on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward