Position Title: Fleet Sales Manager
Authorized/Reports to: Al Anderson, VP of Sales and Marketing
Position Grade: 15
Classification: ☒ Exempt
The Fleet Sales Manager oversees the sales, service and field contact functions for all assigned fleet/carrier customers and their activities within the applicable customer channels.
ORGANIZATIONAL SUPERVISION, REPORTING AND INTERFACE
Position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. The Fleet Sales Manager will interface with other associates within the Peterson Manufacturing organization, manufacturer’s representatives, and their agencies, in addition to external customers and prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a high level of professionalism at all times and takes responsibility for maintaining Peterson’s reputation in the marketplace.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in the development and implementation of sales strategies and channel building in the fleet market.
- Oversees the administration, sales and service for all assigned fleet customers and their activities within the applicable customer channels.
- Identify fleet prospects and customers that require direct Peterson involvement and facilitate management of those relationships on a national basis.
- Recommends, develops and monitors programs to adequately compensate Sales Agencies for their role in acquiring fleet specifications of Peterson products.
- Lead and manage all aspects of assigned fleet prospect and customer relationships including facilitating activities between the fleet’s chosen OEM, their dealers and aftermarket suppliers and Peterson Manufacturing.
- Lead customer contact and communication activities within fleet-focused industry associations such as TMC, TCA and ATA.
- Keeps abreast of competitive activities at both OEM and fleet customers (e.g., introduction of new products, pricing changes, and sales promotions) and keeps the Vice President of Sales and Marketing informed of same.
- Recommends product modifications, new products, packaging requirements, pricing, etc. to fulfill company objectives and properly serve the market demands within both the OEM and fleet customer arenas.
- Assists the appropriate Regional or OEM Sales Manager in preparing quotes, proposals and other pertinent sales documents as they pertain to the appropriate sales process(es).
- Keeps abreast of industry trends that affect Peterson Manufacturing and communicate same back to the Sales and Marketing departments.
- Assists in training field representatives in sales and service techniques within the OEM and fleet customer channels.
- Coordinates the handling of technical inquiries at assigned customers through Engineering and back to the customer.
- Monitors and manages the performance of all assigned customers and makes recommendations to optimize performance.
- Works closely with Sales Agencies, Regional Managers, Director of OEM Sales, Director of Heavy-Duty Sales and other Peterson associates to identify major sales opportunities and to coordinate activities in support of initiatives.
- Stays current with all assigned administrative activities (CRM entries, quote activities, product updates, etc.) Attends trade meetings, industry conventions and other functions as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Successful experience in building strong customer relationships and consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Growth mindset with the ability to build and maintain a fleet sales structure within the Peterson business model.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter with a keen ability to identify and support customer’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professional decorum.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong planning and administrative skills.
- Ability to quickly gain a broad understanding of company products and services.
- Have the ability to read and understand product drawings and electrical schematics necessary to the application of Peterson lighting and wiring harness products and communicate same to customer(s)
- Have an above average mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand the application of the vehicle(s) the company’s products are applied to.
- Have strong knowledge of all aspects of the commercial vehicle transportation market.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- B.A. or B.S., or equivalent, with emphasis in sales/marketing preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in sales/marketing or engineering.
Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and other necessary software products.
- Duties are performed indoors at the corporate offices in Grandview, MO, and at customer locations within designated territory.
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time via airplane and/or car within assigned territory, travel to trade shows or to perform other assigned activities as necessary.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, use stairs or elevators to access offices on other floors of a building, and have the ability to be stationary up to 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer, and phone.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with others (internal and external) who may have various inquiries, etc. Must be able to clearly articulate and exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel via airplane and/or car within the United States and on occasion to foreign countries, as business dictates. Frequent overnight stays required.
- Must have the physical ability to climb on, around or under the vehicles the company’s product(s) are applied to.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work experience expected of the position holder. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Peterson reserves the right to update and change the job essential duties and requirements in order to meet the needs of the customer, end user, and Peterson, in order to maintain the highest level of performance and service.Apply Here