Ruan Transportation has a full-time lead Diesel Technician position available for our dedicated contract carriage customer located in Topeka, Kansas. We are looking for a qualified technician to service and/or repair tractors and trailers, plus handle some office duties to include Excel and Email.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing service and maintenance on company owned tractors and trailers
- Performing routine preventative maintenance inspections
- Completing state and federal inspections
- Diagnosing mechanical problems using charts, technical manuals, diagnostic equipment and experience
- Performing necessary repairs using tools and equipment.
- Obtain parts from local vendors and manage inventory on the service truck.
- Salary will be discussed with the Manager and is based on experience.
- Ability to pass Ruan certification tests.
- Current CDL preferred.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Strong engine and emissions diagnostic experience required.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Able to order parts and oversee vendor sublet repairs.
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO) and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Great benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Referral bonuses
- Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826.
This is an opportunity to touch a variety of industries and many parts of the country and you don’t have to leave Kansas City. Routine preventative maintenance leads to three very important things: Safely, efficiently, and on time. This can’t happen without our skilled Diesel Mechanics, which contribute to the very core of our mission. Join Ruan and make a difference not only in the company, but our customers who serve a variety of industries that touch every part of the country. This is a great opportunity to start a rewarding career, build financial stability and have time to do the things you love.Click Here to Apply