ATA Headquarters, 950 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America Req #84
Posted February 26, 2020
The vision of the American Trucking Associations, Inc. (ATA), is to be the recognized leader in transportation advocacy representing the safest, most responsible and financially successful motor carriers. Our mission is to effectively advocate and communicate efforts designed to improve safety and profitability for our members.
The Technology & Maintenance Council of the American Trucking Associations is in search of a Desktop Publisher. This position helps ensure the effectiveness of all technical products, services, and activities of the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC). This position may interact with ATA staff at various levels, ATA and Council membership, various government agencies, other organizations such as SAE, TTMA, EMA/TMA, and ATRI, outside vendors and suppliers such as printer, information and multimedia organizations, and the public.
This is a multi-faceted, “jack-of-all-trades” position, and has potential for job growth within the Council. If you have experience in technical writing with a background in production, this could be your next career move. The main responsibilities of this role are to both develop and produce technical products, services, and programs for TMC, while ensuring timely market development of TMC publications. You will also have the opportunities to help support technical/educations programming and generate content for TMC’s general meetings.
• BS degree in related-sciences, such as engineering, physical sciences, English/journalism;
• 3-5 years in writing/editing of technical standards and/or product development.
• Must have ability to turn complex technical information into useful references;
• Must have working knowledge of word processing, desktop/graphic publishing, database and relevant software packages: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.);
• Experience in video production, ebook, database, and/or mobile app development preferred;
• Must have developed interpersonal and administrative skills necessary to work with diverse volunteer membership and industry-affiliated committees.