FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 17, 2019
TMC Names Kenneth Calhoun General Chairman and Treasurer
Atlanta – Today, American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council announced that Kenneth Calhoun, fleet optimization manager at Altec Service Group,has been elected 2019-2020 general chairman and treasurer during the organization’s Annual Meeting.
“Kenneth has been a model TMC member and an example of the type of professional standard our council strives to set. I’m pleased to see him elected as TMC general chairman and treasurer,” said Robert Braswell, TMC executive director. “His passion for finding better ways to analyze maintenance data and develop our next generation workforce is well known and a great asset to the Council.”
Calhoun, from Carlisle, Ark., served this past year as the Council’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings. He succeeds Jeff Harris, vice president of maintenance at USA Truck Inc. as general chairman and treasurer.
“Being recognized like this by my peers in TMC is a tremendous honor, one I am humbled to receive,” Calhoun said, “I want to thank the membership of TMC for the opportunity and thank Jeff for his service to our organization.”
“This year has been an incredible honor for me and I want to thank my fellow TMC members for it,” Harris said. “As I hand off the chairmanship of TMC, I want to congratulate Kenneth on his election and wish him luck. I’m sure he will be an outstanding leader for our Council.”
Others serving as TMC officers for 2019-2020 include:
- Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings: Stacy Earnhardt, director of asset management and specialized operations, Best Logistics Group;
- Chairman of Study Groups: Scott Bartlein, fleet maintenance manager of Barry Fleet Services LLC;
- Chairman of Membership and Publicity: John Adami, principal, NW Heavy Duty Sales;
- Chairman of Associates: J. David Walters, manager, warranty & field service, ALCOA Wheel & Transportation Products and
- Immediate Past Chairman Harris and Executive Director Braswell.
- Jim Boyd, Southeastern Freight Lines;
- Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation Inc.;
- David Foster, Premier Transportation;
- Jill Gingrich, WheelTime Network LLC;
- Winston Minchew, Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.;
- Randy Obermeyer, Batesville Logistics;
- Peter Savage, Clarke Power Services Inc.; and
- Randy Tumbarello, Genox Transportation Inc.
TMC is America's premier technical society for truck equipment technology and maintenance professionals. TMC features a diverse membership of equipment managers, service-dealers, owner-operators, industry suppliers and manufacturers, educators, academia and others that support the trucking industry. TMC member fleets represent the broad range of industry vocations, including truckload, less-than-truckload, municipal, private, on/off-highway, construction and other operations. Find out more about TMC online at http://tmc.trucking.org.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward