Position Available – Wabash National - Field Application Mgr. (13689)
Lafayette, IN - Engineering
Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, or Brenner Tank, LLC, with locations in Wisconsin and Oregon, or Supreme Corporation with locations in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and California; please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community
Position will assist Business Development/Sales Department/Customers with trailer application guidelines and solutions. Be the industry representative to associations providing timely inputs to company/organization of new and emerging regulatory/industry changes. This role is responsible for supporting WNC and its customers through field services, training, roll out of new/pending innovations and consultative analysis. This individual will be required to conduct technical training and conduct presentations to customers ranging from the maintenance director to the maintenance technician level. This person will be instrumental in product launches by providing field demonstrations and explanations of new products at select customer locations.
This critical role will cultivate strategic relationships with both current and future customers in an effort to increase sales, profits and customer satisfaction. A strong technical background and proven relationship building skills are required. Excellent communication skills are a must and will be vital in working across the WNC organization.
The ideal candidate has an engineering or business development background with excellent technical, selling, operations and communication skills to handle various business development activities related to products. The duties will include, but not be limited to: conducting market analysis, preparing contextual product demonstrations, leading the business case development, working with the Products’ team on segment sales strategy and leading various internal project teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Project Management, Training and provides initial contact for Technical Assistance
- Conducts technical training and presentations to customers ranging from the maintenance director to the maintenance technician level
- Be the organizations industry representative to associations, and provides timely inputs to company/organization of new and emerging regulatory/industry changes
- With the Director, implements periodic in-depth strategy reviews on key business issues, which will establish the business imperatives for the organization. These reviews include providing competitive intelligence on market trends; competitor actions and changes in product or application technology; and the analysis and development of business cases.
- Partners with business unit leadership and undertakes tasks to discover new business lines for growth or to enhance WNC’s product portfolio. Leads the analysis, reporting and communication of this business information to support WNC’s decision making.
- Conducts field and customer research – be the “voice of the customer” within the organization
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive product road map for applicable product line that is aligned with company goals and reflective of customer needs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree or equivilant experience
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
Skills specific for this position:
- Ability to identify customer research needs, and present customer insights to support new product strategies and programs
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to assist in optimizing sales channel strategy in terms of lead generation, product requirements, and relevant customer benefits
- Strong project management and team facilitation skills
- Technical aptitude required
- Self-directed and self-motivated, with good planning skills
- Team oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence, but at the same time remain objective and create a collaborative environment
- Good computer skills (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
Experience specific for this position:
- Field experience in product maintenance of fleet operations
- Minimum Level of 8 to 10 years in industry, Preferred Level of 10 to 15 years
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Experience identifying new opportunity areas within the key product categories and executing solutions strategy across the key segments
- Successful experience creating and implementing business development strategies for an industrial or transportation products manufacturing organization
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Wabash National Corporation or any of its affiliates, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.